What to expect at an Invitational Meet:
* Arrive 15-20 minutes before check-in time to set up/claim your family location. Each team usually
has a common area, so look for other RBT families or ask a coach where our team area is.
* Check-in at the check-in table the swimmers event numbers are written on their hand to help them
remember events they will participate in for that day
(check-in each day and receive new event #'s each day)
* Find out when RBT warm up times are and ask a coach which strokes to practice during the warm-up.
* Most families purchase a program which includes all swimmers participating for the entire Meet and
the swimmers' names listed in order by their "seed times" for each event.
* Locate the "Heat & Lane Assignments" board. This is where you will find the Heat # and Lane # for
the swimmer's event. These assignment are posted at least 4 events prior to the start of an event.
So, if a swimmer is in event #10, the Heat & Lane assignment page will be posted around the time
that event 5 or 6 is happening in the pool.
* Star-Spangled Banner is sung and the meet begins!
* Listen CAREFULLY throughout the day and arrive at the blocks NO LATER than two event numbers
prior the swimmer's event. (Remember you should have already made note of the swimmer's heat
and lane numbers prior to arriving at the blocks.) AGES 8 & UNDER REPORT TO THE "BULL PEN"
* Check-in with the timers in your lane have your name on their record sheet. Some timers will ask
you for your name, and some do not. Take the initiative to know that you and timers know you
are ready and in the correct lane! If a swimmer is not at the blocks when the Starter Referee calls
for swimmers step up to the blocks, the swimmer may not be able to race and will receive a
"no swim" for that event.
* After your event, check with the coach for a high five and possibly some tips for improvement.
* Re-hydrate, rest, wait for your next event, and cheer for your teammates during their events!
* Results will be posted in approx 30 min.
(record them in a log and see how the times become faster with each meet throughout